Our Community Needs Us Right Now
>>Loudoun Care Givers – IN NEED OF VOLUNTEERS!
Assisted Transportation for frail elderly and disabled adults who because of physical limitations are not able to use public transportation services. (Services provided such as: Transport to doctor’s appointments, grocery shopping or errands, weekly phone calls – well checks, meal preparation, etc..)
CONTACT: Jennifer Love – 703-779-8617
>>American Red Cross – Blood shortage crisis.
Consider donating at a location in your area. Click the link to find a donation sites near you https://www.redcross.org/give-blood.html
CONTACT: Andrea Tibbs│PowerBooker
American Red Cross
Biomedical Services MD, DC, DE
(703) 731-5122 (c) │Andrea.Tibbs@redcross.org
>>Volunteers of America – Leesburg homeless shelter
In need of face masks, disinfectant wipes and Enfamil Neuro Pro formula (2 containers needed only)
CONTACT: Linda 540-222-3744 (text or call)
Is in need of volunteers to make snack bags to distribute. Snacks are also needed to provide for kids while they are out of school. Examples are: Chips, granola bars, PopTarts, crackers, etc.
CONTACT: Jessica 703-771-1400 (landline)
>>Northern Virginia Diaper Bank (NOVA Diaper Bank)
NOVA Diaper Bank delivered over 118K diapers into Loudoun & Western Fairfax Counties during 2019. They are currently in need of size 5 & 6 diapers especially.
>>Tree of Life
You can find drop-off locations around Leesburg at Leesburg Community Church, Cornerstone Chapel, Crossroads Baptist Church, Destiny and Church of the Holy Spirit. Bins (labeled “Tree of Life Food Drop Off”) will be located outside of these churches’ campuses. Please share this information on your organization’s social media platforms and website.
A pdf is attached that with a list of current food staples needed.
Volunteers are needed to drop off groceries to needy families as well as other volunteer service opportunities.
Need Help from Tree of Life? We can assist as follows:
- Food Deliveries available weekly from our Pantry (Leesburg and Purcellville). If there is a need, folks can call 540- 441-7920 to submit their request. We are prepared to receive requests in English and Spanish.
- Food ‘to go’ meals available weekly from Leesburg (Tuesdays) and Purcellville (Thursdays). Tuesday meals are available from 6-7pm at 850 Edwards Ferry Rd. NE, Leesburg, VA 20176 and Thursday meals are available from 5:30 – 6:30pm at 210 N 21st St, Purcellville, VA 20132
- Financial Assistance (and coaching) in cases of extreme hardship
- Health/Medical Vouchers for urgent care, eyecare and dental
- Prayer and Devotionals if you need prayer support
Want to Help Tree of Life? If you can assist:
- Pray – pray with us for our community
- Give – please visit our website at http://tolministries.org/leesburg.html to donate monetarily or to learn our pantry needs. I have also attached an up to the minute need list from our pantry team.
- Volunteer – please visit our website at http://tolministries.org/leesburg.html to learn ways to volunteer
CONTACT: Isabel Mayer
Tree of Life Ministries
Regional Director, Leesburg
Helping our Church
>> CHURCH COMMUNITY TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
If you are comfortable with cell phones, internet, social media, computers, etc. you can step in and offer help to those in our church community who struggle to stay connected through technology. The need is particularly great among the elderly community who want so much to be connected to what’s happening, but struggle with ever-changing technology. If you’d like to provide help, sign up here. (https://freelifechurchva.churchcenter.com/people/forms/118688)
We have options to equip you to provide this help while maintaining appropriate social distance.
Please contact us if you are interested in serving as a resource in this area.
DO YOU NEED HELP?
>> COVID-19 FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Visit our PushPay Page
Choose “COVID Relief”
Or, mail checks to:
Free Life Church
P.O. Box 3195
Leesburg, VA 20177